Job Description for Chalet Host/Chef
Location French Alps
As the ‘day to day’ contact for the majority of our guests, you role is to provide excellent customer service, excellent food & provide a clean, safe & welcoming ‘home from home’ for our guests in line with our company budgets.
You will be fully responsible for everything that occurs within your chalet.We do not operate a fixed menu policy; therefore chalet hosts are responsible for their own menus and as such do their own shopping. We provide minibuses for company usage, to facilitate this, but to adhere to our insurance limitations all candidates must be over 21 with a minimum of 2 years driving experience.
If exceptionally you have been employed & you are a non driver, it is likely that your resort tasks may be more diverse than what is stated here & a higher level of flexibility is expected to compensate for this skills short fall.
We are happy to consider couples or friends for these roles, on the understanding that both people can undertake all usual chalet roles interchangeably.
- Provide breakfast, home baked afternoon tea and a 3 course evening meal up to 6 days a week for your varied guests (including children) in your chalet.
- Keep the chalet clean and tidy on a daily basis according to our company standards.
- Plan weekly menus, shop accordingly and keep to the chalet budget.
- Responsible for the completion & submission of weekly chalet accounts & the safe keeping of receipts relevant to this task.
- Create a welcoming atmosphere in your chalet and provide excellent customer service throughout the holiday.
- Working with the resort team, promote resort events and services in order to generate income for the company & reach resort sales targets.
- Working with the Chalet Supervisor (if appropriate) and Resort Manager to ensure resort operations occur efficiently with minimum cost.
- Uphold the resort reputation of Zenith Holidays.
- Monitor and potentially manage our social media accounts & web site content appropriate to your working area.
Key skills required:
A confident cook able to plan, prepare and deliver 3 course evening meals & understand differing dietary needs.
- Catering experience essential.
- Cleaning & housekeeping skills essential.
- Friendly, flexible and enthusiastic.
- Able to achieve excellent customer service.
- Ability to self motivate and to work without supervision
- Common sense and a proactive ‘can do’ approach to problem solving.
- Ski/Snowboard experience.
- Good team player
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- At least GCSE level mathematics
- At least basic French language skills preferable, not essential
- Good knowledge of common IT programmes, including EXCEL, WORD, and email.
- Driving License
- UK bank account and National Insurance number
- Valid British/EU passport
- Fully paid training course
- Basic salary + monthly commission based on sales scheme
- Season lift pass
- Two days off per week
- Accommodation and food
- Equipment hire
- Transport to and from resort/UK at start/end of season
- Holiday pay
- Commitment Bond of £200 payable on acceptance of role and reimbursed upon successful completion of the contract, including any interest if accrued.
Click here to see a Day in the Life of a Chalet Host
Click here to return to main recruitment page