Working as part of our overseas team your prime responsibility is the safe and efficient transportation of our guests and our supplies and the basic care and general upkeep of our vehicles.
You will also have additional responsibilities in both assisting our chalet hosts and our Resort Managers in their various resort operational duties. Please also refer to the Chalet Host and Resort Representative job descriptions.
To adhere to our insurance limitations all candidates must be over 21 with a minimum of 2 years driving experience. Experience of driving in Europe would be advantageous, as would driving minibuses.
This job would ideally suit someone who is looking to develop into a Chalet host or Resort Representative (but who currently may not have the required skills in either of these areas) and/or anyone who has general DIY skills.
We would be happy to accept any couples or friends for this role in combination with any other resort role.
- Work with the resort team to achieve resort sales targets in order to generate income for the company
- Meet/greet customers on arrival and departure and transfer them to/from accommodations
- Customer service – have a proactive attitude with customers and deal promptly with any issues as and when they arise.
- Create a welcoming atmosphere in all vehicles and provide excellent customer service throughout guests holidays.
- Health and safety - regular checks to be carried out on all vehicles as per company standards..
- When needed, provide with assistance, breakfast, home baked afternoon tea and a 3 course evening meal in one of our chalets.
- Keep our chalets clean and tidy on a daily basis according to our company standards.
- Completion of all relevant accounts and expenses paperwork accurately and promptly.
- Work with the resort team to plan and promote après ski programme for customers.
- Maintain a clean, tidy, safe and roadworthy vehicle at all times.
- Work with the Overseas Operations Manager planning all guest transfers
- Work with the chalet team, Resort Rep & Resort Manager to ensure resort operations occur efficiently with minimum cost.
- Uphold the resort reputation of Zenith Holidays.
- Monitor and potentially manage our social media accounts & web site content appropriate to your working area.
Key skills required:
- Basic catering experience essential.
- Cleaning & housekeeping skills essential.
- Confident, friendly, flexible and enthusiastic with a good sense of humour.
- Committed to achieving excellent customer service .
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to self motivate and to work without supervision.
- Ski/Snowboard experience
- Experience of working within the catering industry.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Good team player.
- Previous experience of driving multi seated vehicles.
- Previous experience of driving left hand drive vehicles on the right hand side of the road.
- Basic vehicle care skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- At least GCSE level mathematics
- At least basic French language skills preferable , not essential.
- Good knowledge of common IT programmes, including EXCEL, WORD, and email
- Driving Licence ( with D1 category)
- UK bank account and National Insurance number .
- Valid British/EU passport
- Fully paid training course
- Basic salary + monthly commission based on sales scheme
- Season lift pass
- Two days off per week
- Accommodation and food
- Equipment hire
- Transport to and from resort/UK at start/end of season
- Holiday pay
- Commitment Bond of £200 payable on acceptance of role and reimbursed upon successful completion of the contract, including any interest if accrued.