Activity week in Tignes
This week in Tignes is ideal for those looking to enjoy the Alps in summer - alongside the itinerary described (below), you can also enjoy the benefits of the Sporttignes card
Arrive in resort and settle into your chosen accommodation
Get your bearings in Tignes
Today, head for the watersport centre - the naturally formed 25-hectare lake in the heart of Tignes turns into the ideal family playground. Tignes beach
Climb aboard a catamaran, Hobbie Cat or dinghy boat and catch the high altitude wind.
A canoe, kayak, stand up paddle or pedal boat will also give you a chance to go boating in the mountains.
Morning: head to Landry for a session of rafting
Afternoon: take your bike and enjoy some of the 150 km of FREE Mountain Bike trails.
(need to hire a bike, let us know)
On the shores of Tignes’ Lake, you will find Acroland and you will get a chance to use the latest equipmentto enjoy:
- The Blob Jump: "fly" several metres above Tignes’ lake....how? The "Jumper" jumps from a platform on to a giant air cushion (12m x 3m) and hurls in the air the "Blobber" sitting at the extremity of the cushion with a landing in the lake.
- Hot jumping slide: slide down on your back and finish with an acrobatic jump into the lake.
- Lake jumping ramp: on skis, snowboard, BMX, ATB or inline skates, you’ll build your momentum on a 35-metre ramp before attempting a spectacular flip. Freestyle skiing champions train here every summer in the interim period before winter.
Options for today - perhaps Archery or the Skatepark
Acquire the skills of a bowman: dexterity, concentration and self-discipline. The setting of the archery course is at Lognan athletic centre (Val Claret). The instructors will be delighted to introduce you to this art, which has evolved to be an Olympic pursuit. Workshops are open to enthusiasts of every level.
The place to be, freestylers of every discipline come together at the lakeside skatepark for hours of riding. This state-of-the-art facility was imported from Basel, Switzerland following the 2005 European Skateboard Championships.
With a surface area measuring 800 m², it has 12 features adapted for use by all and suited to inline skating, BMX cycling and freestyle ATB.
Tignes' skatepark offers hard-core riders an urban playground through its unusual ‘street park’ design.
......just a beginner? No problem - the street playground enables you to learn the fundamentals of riding at a relaxed paced.
Free day – can arrange extra activities if of interest
During your summer stay in Tignes, discover a place no sport enthusiast can resist: the Sport Beach. Activities here are varied and the challenges to take on many, with a trampoline located near the tennis courts and playing field next to the children’s recreation area. It’s the ultimate for all-around athletes!
A summer of challenges Throughout the summer, the Sport Beach is animated by holidaymaker challenges. Beach football, beach volleyball, beach rugby, tennis and table tennis are all offered and unlimited depending of crowds, as well as petanque. Life’s a beach in Tignes!
Morning – time to head home
Prices include the activity program as described as well as the accommodation you select.
We include a channel crossing as standard when you book an apartment or chalet or return transfers when you book a hotel.
Other services available
- Prefer transfers from the airport
- Want to do some additional activities
Extras to consider
- Travel insurance - do ensure it covers the activities you will be enjoying
- Flights or other transport arrangements
- Tax de sejour
Ready to book
If you have any questions or would like to amend the itinerary, do email us
You can book online or email us your dates, preferred accommodation and group size